"I have used ACPS for the last three years for my two boys. Ryan helped me tremendously with my oldest college student and now he is helping me with my second college student who will be a college freshman next fall. I have never met anyone as knowledgeable in the college admissions process as Ryan. He has saved me 'tens of thousands of dollars', something I would not have realized if I had tried to navigate these college admissions and aid waters myself. Ryan is professional and he is an expert in this area. His fees are very reasonable and insignificant compared to what he can save a parent. For anyone trying to get the very best opportunity for their child and themselves I recommend you outsource the tricky college admissions and aid process to ACPS. You will be glad you did!"
PETER - Father of two college-age children
HISTORY OF ACPS
Ron Parker first began helping families with their financial needs in 1985. It quickly became apparent that for the parents of college bound students, the question of how to manage the skyrocketing costs of a higher education was the single greatest source of “financial anxiety”. Over the next few years he identified a serious lack of reliable information or resources on the subject. In 1990, he opened American College Planning Service in Massachusetts. It was his goal to help guide families through the “financial aid maze”. He later expanded to include Rhode Island and New Hampshire.
In 2002, Ron’s son Ryan left the world of retail banking to help service the company’s growing client base. The father / son team ran the business together until Ron’s passing in 2011. The business has continued to grow and now helps families from coast to coast. In 2017 Ryan’s wife, Sarah, joined the team. We are excited to continue our long tradition of being a true “Family Business”.
Ryan has been interviewed in numerous articles and radio programs.
He has spoken at several high schools and has been the guest speakers for many of these schools’ official financial aid nights.
About PARKER ACPS
American College Planning Service is a family run company in the business of helping other families.
Since 1990 we have been guiding the parents of college-bound students through the financial aid application process. We have been very successful helping families qualify for the maximum amount of aid available to them.
We do not sell insurance, mortgages, annuities, or any other investment products.
Almost all our business comes from referrals. Most referrals come from past and current clients. A large number come from teachers, principals, guidance counselors, accountants, and financial advisors.
We would be happy to help in any way that we can, whether that be filling out the forms for you, or just supplying a simple answer to a couple of questions.
Follow the link to our Better Business Bureau page. It is our reputation and our record of customer satisfaction that has allowed our company to continue to grow.
Typically, we begin by setting up an appointment to meet with each family in their home. The appointment will last about an hour. Half of this time is spent discussing the financial aid process, how it works, and what to expect. We will discuss the specifics of your situation, and all the variables that are likely to impact the process. We then gather all the information needed and use it to complete all the paperwork required to qualify for financial aid. Depending on your situation this paperwork may include:
• Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• CSS Profile Application
• Individual college financial aid applications
• Mail or Fax federal tax returns (parent & student) to all schools
• Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) forms
• Update Student Aid Report
• Federal Verification requests
• Supplemental forms
• Business & Farm supplement
• Non-Custodial Parent Statement
• Asset Clarification requests
• Student living expenses worksheet
• Sibling enrollment verification
• Review and interpret award notices
• Write letters of appeal to colleges
• Loan counseling
• Write any necessary letters / assist with phone calls
• Solve all problems that may arise
Benefits of our services
• Lower your family contribution for college costs
• Accurately prepare all financial aid forms
• Complete all follow-up forms
• Negotiate with the schools for more money
• Guide you through the financial aid maze
• Save you time to focus on the admissions process
• Know your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) before the government tells you
• Know your loan and payment options
• Benefit from our years of firsthand experience with all the top universities.
We would be happy to help in any way that we can, whether that be by filling out the actual forms, or just supplying a simple answer to a couple of questions. Feel free to call.
American College Planning Service
41 Bellevue Street
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
or simply fill out the form below!